Wednesday, January 11, 2006

TOTP

Last year I promised myself I would get involved in music as much as possible. I got as far as growing a beard (all musicians have beards, even the ladies).

This year I've promised myself I would get involved in music as much as possible. So I left the carnival band that I'm in. Good start eh?! I'm going to pursue my solo career!

I've just bought a new guitar, I'm starting a song-writing course in a couple of weeks, I'm getting bass lessons from a friend, I'm doing an analogue music course in the summer and I'm going to have a go at recording some songs with friends in Hastings.

My plan is to get a band together that will be asked to play at the Big Chill. It'll be called Diarama. Nice name eh?! And, of course, we'll all have beards.

5 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

if you need a tambourinist let me know!!

sounds fun... what kind of music?

12:57 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

mmm - I don't know - have you got a beard?!

I want it to be a mix of all my influences - so, I don't know, I imagine it being quite acoustic, a few weird samples. Basically, I've been listening to the Shortwave Set non stop for the last two days and I want to make music like that! No - I just want to BE in the Shortwave Set! Have you had a listen to it yet?

1:09 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

no, am skint so can't buy it and my computer at work doesn't have speakers! is there a website with samples on?

and i'm afraid it's a negative on the beard. dammit.

2:54 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Yep - here's their website: http://www.theshortwaveset.com/

Ooh, they're playing in London on Monday. Tempted?

Erm... quite glad about the beard actually! I met a girl with a moustache the other day!

3:00 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

think it might be cheaper to buy the album than go to london!

thanks for link, will check it out this morning...

9:08 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home