Friday, January 06, 2006

Daniel Kitson

Seem to be getting up on the wrong side of my bed these mornings. Yesterday's rant was a bit harsh wasn't it?! Still, people with bad tastes in music should be shot.

Last night my mood was considerably lifted by seeing Daniel Kitson at the Komedia. I've never seen a stand-up with a lisp and a stutter before. At one point he got totally stuck on a word: "R-r-r-r-r-r-r-" and then just said: "r-r-r oh it's not even worth it." You've got to have guts to go on stage with a stammer like that. He was fantastic!

I'm a big lover of crap jokes so the best bit of the night was when he was asking the audience what the word palimpsest meant. With his lisp he could hardly say it, so an audience member asked how you spell it and he came back with "I. T." quick as a flash! Hilarious!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home