Friday, October 28, 2005

4 days to go

I'm going in to hospital for some surgery in 4 days and I'm absolutely crapping myself.

I won't go into what it is. You don't want to know. –This has been my favourite phrase amongst not-so-close friends and colleagues for the last four months. And here it is again – just for you.

I'm terrified. I've had operations before and not been too worried. A weird one was having a screw taken out of my knee after having one put in after breaking my leg falling off a skateboard. I walked into hospital and came out on crutches. When I had the screw put in, as I was being wheeled to the operating theatre, high on temazepam, Grandad from 'Bread' came and said hello to me. He sang "Wish him luck as we wave him goodbye" to the ladies ward he was visiting as they wheeled me off.

Scared. Scared. Scared.

1 Comments:

Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Jesus! It's not that bad!

Were you born 'Fdf'?

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home