Friday, September 23, 2005

DVD fever

I haven't had a DVD for very long. I'm always a bit late at catching up with the latest thing. I've only just started renting DVDs so they're still a bit of a novelty for me.

I rented out Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy last night. Watched it, went through all the extra features, deleted scenes, Marvin's Hangman game and the short making-of film. Then I started on the film with commentary and before I realised it I'd watched the whole film again listening to four people talk over the top of it. Then this morning, instead of coming to work, I watched the long making-of on the second disk.

There are only a few times I've watched a film twice in a row:

The first was Ferris Bueler's Day Off - my favourite film ever. I finished watching it, rewound the video to the start and just wanted to see the Ferrari-outside-the-school bit and ended up watching the whole thing again. All the time thinking, "I really must go to bed. I really must go to bed".

The next was on a flight back from LA when they showed Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas. All the films were on rotation and once I'd finished that one there was nothing else I was interested in. So I watched it again.

I had to stop myself watching all of the other commentary version of Hitchhiker's this morning - one with different commentators!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home