Thursday, September 15, 2005

One of the hardest film titles to pronounce ever

Went to see 'Me & Your & Everyone We Know' last night. Enjoyed it. It's quite a quirky little film and deals with some unexpected subjects.

But everytime I tried to get someone to come to the pictures with me I had to say the name of the film and it just came out kind of slurred on my tongue. I tried to text a friend to come and see it but gave up halfway through trying to find the second ampersand.

There's another word that comes out slurred: 'Ampersand'. I was going through pages of corrections on the phone yesterday and every time my client came up against an ampersand she just gave up halfway through: "Can you change that 'and' to an ampersaahr...?". But then the same client made a garble noise instead of a sentence yesterday and expected me to know what it meant. She said: "Yes, make that change. Whatever. Garbalabalabalabala."

Anyway 'the film' was good. But the lead character was a bit annoying. And it's funny because the lead character is played by the director and it's obviously an autobiographical film. So did she give herself an slightly annoying character to play or is she just slightly annoying? Her acting wasn't that good either. It's still a good film though. Very watchable. Go see it!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Not sure you've sold it to me there...

10:27 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Honest! It's good! You should see it!

10:40 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home