Tuesday, April 25, 2006

Schillingers/girl

This was taken at Schillingers vegetarian guesthouse with my friend, Danie, in the middle and her rather tasty friend who I never actually found out the name of. Yes, that's how far I got with her!

Schillingers do the best, if not the only, vegan deer ragout! It's a guesthouse right out in the countryside that hunters used to use before going off and shooting things. The owner had a revelation and changed the whole menu to be veggie, about 90% vegan, and now it's doing really well. All the young people in the area go there and it's got such a reputation that people from other countries go there. The hunters still sit in the corner on "their" table and take the piss out of everyone.

Funny how it was only them that weren't laughing though.

3 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Still don't understand how you can have vegan deer ragout?!

12:52 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Apparently it tastes like the real thing. I wouldn't know!

I also had vegan pork, vegan chicken, vegan schnitzels and vegan cocktails! Mmmm!

12:56 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

I wish!
x

10:37 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home