Friday, March 10, 2006

Lakes

I found this photo of the Lake District in my archives so thought I would share.

Slightly sad memories of this photo: I went to the Lakes with my girlf at the time and we split up on the second day of what was meant to be a relaxing, romantic holiday. This photo was taken a day after we split up while we weren't really talking to each other but still thought we could carry on with the holiday.

We were wrong.

The day after this, after not getting much sleep, I flipped out, punched a hole in the bathroom door, sulked off into the hills for the day and then buggered off to Leeds to spend time with friends.

Every time I go to the Lakes something weird happens. I went camping near Windermere with my brother when I was young. On the second day there was a hurricane and the tent nearly blew away, with us in it! We forced the collapsed tent into the boot of my brother's car, spent the night in the car and drove back home the next day!

I swear, the girl I go to the Lakes with and have a good holiday that isn't cut short by hurricanes, that's the girl I'll marry!

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

I've never been to the Lake District. Sounds like a jinxed place for you though!

9:40 am  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

It's a gorgeous place. I would recommend it (believe it or not!).

9:49 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home