Thursday, February 09, 2006

Somerset adventure

It's been ages since I've done anything vaguely exciting. I just found this photo that I took a couple of years ago when I went to a friend's wedding in Somerset.

I camped at my friend's friend's who looked after Juju while I was at the wedding. She was, as she described herself, "an ageing hippy", and I got on with her really well. She had three dogs, one which was slighly volatile, one which was going blind and one that had lost the use of its back legs and was in a wheel-chair. This was immediately my favourite - he was gorgeous - so full of life and character and still did a good job of running wild even though his wheels kept getting stuck in the mud! He had lost his bark too but he was still a very vocal dog. It was like he was talking: "Hough, hough!"

The hippy lived in a gypsy caravan which was parked in a shed on her parents' grounds. And that was it; she didn't want for anything more, she was happy with her life and her dogs, didn't need a man, helped out at an animal sanctuary and didn't really earn or need any money. I really look up to people like that. I don't think it's something I could do myself but I just think it's great to think outside the box like that.

Anyway, it's what I need to go and do something interesting. I haven't even done anything to warrant taking a photo lately.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

Aaaah, that dog is SO cute!

4:04 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

He really was a beauty! How are your doggies?

9:59 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home