Friday, February 10, 2006

Ooh child

I've been panic buying records for my DJ set at the Volks next week. This morning an absolute beauty of a tune came through my front door. "Ooh child" by The Five Stairsteps.

I first heard this tune sung by Queen Latifah on De La Soul's "Buddy". Then I heard it sung in a car by Laurence Fishburne in "Boyz n the hood". It's only recently that I've heard the original. I can see why Queeny and Loz would want to sing it though - such a great, soulful tune. Cheered my morning up no end as I danced round my bedroom whilst getting ready for work.

2 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

That song is FAB! I really like it. Funnily enough it's not on iTunes though!! And I always forget how much I actually like De La Soul...

4:09 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Rare!

4:37 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home