Monday, February 20, 2006

Down the line

Presenting the first track from the forthcoming Simon Parkin album. "Down the line". (sorry - taken this down - please listen to it on myspace.)

Simon Parkin: Vocals, classical guitar, bass guitar, banjo, drums, percussion.
Adam Piggot: Steel guitar, slide guitar.
Jayne Freeman: Backing vocals, piano.

Recorded at the Blue Eyed Sounds studio, Hastings, 18/2/06 by Adam Piggot.

I can't believe it! My first proper song! I'm so chuffed with it! I know my voice is out of tune but I don't mind. I'm just so pleased to have done it. And to have played all the different instruments! It was such a nice day recording it. I wrote the lyrics on the train on the way there. I was feeling quite emotional when I was singing it too. The lyrics don't really mean anything, but the sentiment in the chorus is just so sad it made me choke a bit when I was singing! I just love the chorus!

I want to do it again, again, again!

4 Comments:

Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

that's such a cute song.

2:19 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Thanks! I'm so proud of it!

4:17 pm  
Blogger Hostess with the Mostest said...

so, what's the plan now?

4:26 pm  
Blogger Simon John Parkin said...

Ah! Top of the Pops next week. My sell-out tour of the States the week after. A life of stardom and luxury for ever more after that. But don't worry, I won't forget about you when I'm on my luxury yacht in the Bahamas!

Nah, I've just written another song which I'm going to have a go at recording in a couple of weeks. It's about Richard Brautigan, my favourite author.

4:41 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home